Saturday, February 21, 2009

FAME


After a 2+ year hiatus from theater I am back in blacks for the SMuTS (Sussex Uni Musical Theatre Society) production of FAME. I wasn't planning on doing theater at all while in England, but when my friend Richard had his follow-spots drop out on him the week before the show I said I'd give him a hand. I'm not a big fan of FAME. I didn't really like the music which is kind of a major part of a musical. However, the crew I with with was awesome. We has so much fun making fun of the show and each other. Throughout the show we had a running contest to see who could spot "Pink Bag" first. Pink Bag belongs to the stage manager, Laura, and she would send it on stage with different actors at different point in the show for all of us in the lightening booth to spot. The crew also went out to a pub after the show everynight which is a much better way to unwind afer a show than trying to do APUSH or calculus homework. I don't think I have the time or energy to be involved in technical theater at the same level I was in high school, but it was still a lot of fun to be a part of a stage crew again and I wouldn't mind continueing to have a small stage crew role occasionally in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment