Monday, February 2, 2009

Snow Day!




It turns out that barely 6 inches of the white fluffy stuff will get you out of classes in England. I was almost ready for class when, by chance, I decided to check my email and got the memo that the campus was closed. Ironically it's actually busier now than it normally would be on a Monday morning. There are students all over campus and the surrounding hills having snowball fights and sledding. I went out to walk around and take some pictures. I walked over to Stanmer Park, a nature preserve a few minutes away from campus, and took some beautiful pictures of the snow and the trees with some pasture fences. Local families were already congregating at 10 o'clock in the morning to begin a day of sledding. I admit I did not think I would get to see snow like this when I came to England. In fact, it's one of the things I've been missing from the States lately. I was so excited to wake up to some decent snow cover. Even though snow is often a giant pain, living in the Northeast and all, it just would feel like winter without it.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, stunning pictures!!! So excited to be following your blog now.

    ReplyDelete