Saturday, November 1, 2008

Hallowe'en UK Style




Halloween, or Hallowe'en as is spelt over on this side of the Atlanitc, was a lot of fun but nowhere near as exciting as it is in the States. Stores had already moved on the Christmas except for an aisle cap with some meager Halloween decorations and nothing to compare to Wal-marts Halloween candy/costume aisle. In fact, it took some searching and luck to get the costume I ended up wearing and even then it was not very good compared to what I usually would put together. I borrowed a purple wig and sought out a witch's hat, and paired with a skirt and tights to get a sort of teen witch costume. I made sure I got my Halloween candy, although I was very disappointed that I couldn't find three musketeer bars or reese's peanut butter cups.

I went on a pub crawl with the Chem society people on Halloween night. I had a lot of fun hanging out with everyone. I was surprised that the people we saw in the pubs really weren't that dressed up and the pubs themselves weren't that into the Halloween mood either. Some had spider webs up and I think one had drink specials but that was about it. The houses around town generally didn't have any decorations out either. The night was still a lot of fun regardless of decorations or costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment